Life is pretty normal around here. Zach is developing rapidly. He says new things every day. We have to start being more careful what we say, because it comes right back out of Zach's mouth.
He is a lot like his dad in that he loves to fix things. "I fick it," as Zach says. Here they are working on the lawnmower together. Both Zach and Corey are very gifted at figuring out how things work, taking them apart and putting them back together. Zach did this with a friend's toy the other day, and the parents were surprised because their older son hadn't yet figured out to do that to the toy.
He found a comfy seat for watching Mary Poppins, or "Minnie Poffins," as he calls it.
I came home today to see the boys dressed in their Ohio State game day red t-shirts, and caved and let Corey open his birthday present early. I ordered father and son matching jerseys for them, and they couldn't be cuter! I also can't wait to dress our new babe in a tiny cheerleader outfit next season!
We tried a dozen times to get a good family photo, but the lighting and focus kept turning out horrible with the auto-timer. Why? Ugh!
Zach and I recently attended a presentation by our local fire department.
He looks pretty somber in this photo, but he is giving the fire fighter a hug. Afterward, he kept saying, "Fireman, love." He's been talking a lot about firemen and trucks and giving loves ever since.
A couple of weeks ago we had some terrible rain and winds that led to tornadoes and floods nearby. This is the park where Zach and I like to take walks about a half mile from our house. I know the picture is hard to see, but the banks of the small lake/pond normally end to the left of the baseball field. It flooded at least 4 feet or so. It went back down within a few days, but it washed a lot of garbage up and smelled awful for awhile.
One fun part of the park flood was that we found this little guy on the sidewalk during our walk. He was just about 2 inches long and far from shore. We took him home for a few hours for Zach to see, and then back to the lake to find his family.
This was a few weeks ago--maybe at around 16 weeks pregnant. I feel bigger than I look, I guess. Some clothes really show it, and others don't. I'm trying to get in my last round of wearing as many normal clothes as possible before I have to put on my stretchy pants.
Yum. With Zach, I didn't crave too many sweets, but this baby girl loves her chocolate! I've been thriving on Cocoa Puffs for breakfast and other chocolate snacks like this lovely mini-cake. She's gonna be a sweetie!
I started another job 2 weeks ago. I am filling in during someone's maternity leave for the next 4 weeks or so. From there, I will probably try to find another more permanent 2 day a week job. I have enjoyed it a lot so far.
Corey is starting in on his first round of exams next week. We are hoping this trimester goes as well as the others have for him. I am so proud of my freakin' smart husband! He doesn't like for me to brag, but he's gotten better grades in chiropractic school than I ever got in dental school, in many of the same courses. And no thanks goes to me for helping him in any way--those are the courses I regurgitated for Boards and mostly blocked out afterwards! Not really. I remember the important stuff, of course. But I must admit the steps of the Citric Acid Cycle and the exact location of the recurrent laryngeal nerve are not at the forefront of my memory.



4 comments:
I love the pictures!!!! The Ohio State picture and the lawn mower pictures are awesome. What great parents.
The photo of the boys in their game day garb is priceless!!! Zach's curles kill me, they are the most adorable things ever. You don't look preggo, but I know that never means you don't feel it. I am excited for you...girl or boy. I do have to say though...that tutu is the cutest thing ever!!! And wouldn't it be such a feat to have a little girlie...there are so many boys in the Alexander posterity right now. Hey, one quick question...I will be in Utah for conference this weekend and would like to see Missy/Meadow etc. Do you have current contact info for any of the Utah Alexanders? Love you.
Those osu jerseys are so cute! I am glad to hear you are liking your job. I wish I could be your nanny for that little cutie.
Cute picts. I loooooove stretchy pants. :) When your tummy is already on the fritz, I say start up those maternity clothes regardless of how far you're sticking out!
Post a Comment