Friday, September 17, 2010

Bring on the pink, ruffles, frills, and polka-dots!


The verdict is in: Wednesday at my 17-week sonogram, the doctor announced that he was 90% certain that what he saw was a little girl! We are excited, but would have been just as delighted if it had been a boy. And with the 10% chance that it could still be a boy, I'm a little hesitant to start painting things pink, just in case! When I was expecting with Zach, I was pretty sure it was a girl. So sure, in fact, that I bought a complete, darling bedroom set that was a super deal that I couldn't pass up. That act totally jinxed me. It wasn't that I didn't want a boy--I was fine with it once we found out. I just really imagined I was having a girl, and kind of got my heart set on it. So with this one, I didn't let myself get worked up one way or the other, because it all comes down to statistics--there is ALWAYS a 50/50 chance that the child is going to be a boy. Or a girl. It doesn't matter if there have been only 2 out of 9 children on my side that are female, or 4 out of 12 on Corey's side, or even if I had already had 6 boys in a row! So, while I was really hoping for a little princess to dress in pink polka-dots and bows, I didn't get my hopes up at all, because I would hate to have been disappointed in any way if I had learned we were having another boy. I had already decided it would be perfect either way. So the sonogram was actually a little anti-climatic for me, since I didn't let myself get too emotionally attached to the idea of either a girl or boy beforehand. Also, there is still that slight chance that it was just not completely clear on the screen. I am still pretty early, and not planning on having another sonogram. We'll just have to see.

But now it is settling in and I am ready to go shopping.:) Hopefully I won't jinx anything this time (but I'll keep my receipts, just in case)!

3 comments:

Lindsey Walker said...

Yeah for a little girl!!! I am so excited for you. I wanted a girl first too, but was happy too with a boy....but I am hoping my next is a girl. :) Have you thought of any names? Congrats!!!

Heather said...

Happy news Noelle!! I am excited for you. Girls are so fun!

Cher said...

Congratulations! We will try to get those little bows in the mail soon. :)