We decided to make our announcement via T-shirt as we headed home to see our families. We thought the indication was pretty obvious, but only a few people caught on immediately. For most, we had to ask how they liked Zach's shirt, or otherwise hint around until they caught the drift. : ) We seriously thought about not telling anyone until I came home from Christmas, as big as a house, but I thought that might be a little mean. Knowing a family member is expecting gives me something to look forward to, and extra prayers from friends and family are always helpful. Also, then I would have had no one but Corey to whine to about my pregnancy woes--I mean, share in the joy! (BTW, I have had a pretty easy time of it so far, compared to many women. I have had the usual, neverending fatigue and nausea, but no actual throwing up or anything serious. Thanks for the good prego genes, Mom!)
We are so happy to be welcoming another little one into our family at the end of February. Zach, of course, doesn't quite comprehend that he'll soon have company, but I'm sure he'll catch on soon enough! When I point to my belly and say baby, he thinks I am talking about/nicknaming the mole next to my navel. So now when I ask where the baby is, he points to the mole. (Don't worry about the gross mole talk--it's a sexy mole, not a haggard one. And it will only become more attractive as it stretches with my growing abdomen.; ))
With our announcement theme being in the T-shirt arena, I found some winners that I liked in the Mommy Division (though I'm not certain I'd actually wear one). Sorry for the poor image quality on some. I'll annotate the captions so you can tell what they say:
I'm so crafty I make people
I'm pregnant. What's your excuse?
Birth control is for sissies
And my all-time favorite, because
it's true:
All I wanted was a backrub
*Just kidding--I've wanted another baby for awhile now : )







4 comments:
Oh Noelle, I am SO EXCITED for you and your little family. Wow!!! How fun!!! Of course we will pray that the nausea and fatigue will subside. Again, I am so excited, and a little jealous, but mostly just excited. REALLY EXCITED! (I feel like I am on an infomercial.)
Congrats Congrats Congrats
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited for you! Congrats Cuz!
What!! A baby! Oh my goodness how exciting. Ooooh and maybe a girl.I am so so so happy for you all. So when are you due?
Post a Comment