Wednesday, November 12, 2008

One More Day?

If you've been watching our countdown, you'll notice that it says "1 more day" today. I hope it's not lying to us, but statistics show that first babies are often overdue. I would love for him to come tomorrow on the 13th, one month before my birthday, but I'll try and be patient until he's done cookin'. Meadow and the kids are in town, and I would love for them to see their new cousin/nephew before they go back to California. So if you want to pray that he comes on Thursday or Friday, that's allright with me!

On Monday, I had to leave work at lunch due to some intense back discomfort and nausea. I thought it might be labor, but as soon as I relaxed in the tub, I felt fine. At least I know my body is warming up for this upcoming marathon. I'm at work today with a light schedule, and I am not planning on being here tomorrow. If I'm feeling fine next week and haven't had him yet, I will probably still come into work so I can use the maximum amount of my leave time with the baby. I'm feeling a bit heavy and a little uncomfortable, but nothing is unbearable so far. We met with our doula last night and I really like her. She will be a tremendous help and support to Corey and I during the birth. She is there for physical and emotional support, helping with massage, getting us food, helping me adjust positions, and anything else we need. We weren't going to have one, but I am really comforted to know we will have an expert there guiding us through unfamiliar territory.

We are getting excited to meet this little one! We'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

okay, so now the counter says that your baby is one day old. Is it true or is the counter just feeling optimistic? Anyway you are in my prayers. Hope you are doing well.