Friday, November 28, 2008

Indecision

He really is "The Thinker!" (See post from Sept. 27)

So before anyone goes embroidering his name on a pillow or engraving it in gold, hold up. We're pretty sure on the Zachary part, but with Alexander, the name seems to be too long for such a little boy. So we're rethinking the middle name and aren't 100% sure yet what it will be. Something short and sweet. Hopefully Corey will let me have the name Alexander or Alexandra for a future offspring, because I adore the name and want to carry it on in our family. Naming a baby is a big responsibility. For us, I had to spend a little time with the baby to see what fit best.
Folding his arms for the prayer for Thanksgiving-what a good boy.

He's ready for the mistletoe!

He's finally getting the hang of nursing. Some nights he sleeps well, others, he cries until Corey takes him out of the bassinet and snuggles him on his chest through the night. Zach sleeps great like this, but I don't think Corey is getting the rest he needs. Especially when he had to get up at 4am today for Black Friday at Cabela's. Poor Daddy! But he can't bear to hear Zach cry, so he sacrifices his sleep to make the baby comfy. Nursing him around the clock wears me out, and if he's done eating, burping, being changed, and won't settle down when I rock or walk him, it's Dad's turn. We're still getting the hang of it all. He's as sweet as can be, and we love having him in our home.

Zachary's first bath- he did pretty well!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Good luck deciding on a name.

You need to check out pujbaby.com They have a great baby bath. It's a little pricey but very cool. I'm thinking of getting one for the next baby. I have thier baby slings and love them. So cute, easy and comfortable for mom and baby. But really its the fabrics that won me over.

PS what a great dad Corey is for jumping in to help in the middle of the night.

Becky said...

I did notice his name was like 10 syllables all together, but I still think it sounds really good. Zachary Alexander is fit for a King!! If you're looking for something shorter, you could do Zachary Reed. Don't know why, it just came to me... ?