Saturday, November 22, 2008

I Don't Want to Miss a Thing

Little Zach is changing so much already. Over the course of just four days, he looks so different in these pictures to me.
Sometimes you can see his blonde hair shining in the light, and he looks a little bit like me.
Other times his skin looks warm and red and he looks almost bald.

And sometimes you can see the dark contrast in his skin between the light background and the dark birthmarks that are going away. His face looks really full in this one to me.

He went from 8 pounds down to 7 pounds 4 ounces, and is now close to 8 again.
Hmmm. . . I kind of want him to stay tiny for awhile longer.
I never thought I'd relate my feelings about my son to an Aerosmith song, but these lyrics describe many of my feelings toward Zachary:

"I could stay awake just to hear you breathing
Watch you smile while you are sleeping
While you're far away dreaming

I could spend my life in this sweet surrender
I could stay lost in this moment forever
Every moment spent with you is a moment I treasure

I don't want to close my eyes
I don't want to fall asleep
'Cause I'd miss you baby
And I don't want to miss a thing

'Cause even when I dream of you
The sweetest dream will never do
I'd still miss you baby
And I don't want to miss a thing

Lying close to you feeling your heart beating
And I'm wondering what youre dreaming
Wondering if it's me youre seeing

Then I kiss your eyes
And thank God were together
I just want to stay with you in this moment forever

I don't want to miss one smile
I don't want to miss one kiss
I just want to be with you
Right here with you, just like this

I just want to hold you close
Feel your heart so close to mine
And just stay here in this moment
For all the rest of time

I don't want to close my eyes
I don't want to fall asleep
'Cause I'd miss you baby
And I don't want to miss a thing."


It's already going so fast, and I don't want to miss a second of it.

5 comments:

Tessa said...

We love the middle picture he is so sweet. Treasure each precious momet, they do go by so quickly. The amazing thing is that there is always another precious moment, enjoy them all. He's all yours! We love his name. Daniel says I love him so, so much. Katie says she loves to see him. Love the Partridges

n8zyf said...

Noelle,
He is perfect! I am so happy for you! Nothing compares to motherhood and Corey seems like an amazing daddy! Doesn't it make you love and appreciate your husband even more to see him holding the new life that you created together? Congratulations to all of you!
Love you,
Erin

BRENT said...

Wow congratulations to both of you. He looks like Corey without the choobacka facial hair which makes him way cuter thank goodness. If you guys comes through Brigham this week stop by we'd (the whole family) would love to see the little guy.

Becky said...

It's crazy how much you can love the little guy you just met, isn't it!?! Congratulations, we are so excited to meet Baby Zach.

Shannon said...

I have been a slacker blogger. I have read all your baby posts, just haven't had time to comment.

Little Zach is so sweet. What a cute little guy. Definitely not gonna be mistaken for a girl. He is all boy. I'm sure that you are just the sweetest mom ever! And Corey, what a darling dad. Love ya, and congrats.