Here are a few gems from the mouth of my little angel. I'm sure with some of these, you "had to be there," but I don't want to forget the witty comments he makes!
When Corey left for school one day, Zach pouted, "I'm sad when Daddy goes to school. " I thought this was so sweet, and asked, "Are you also sad when Mommy goes to work?" He looked at my longing face, and said, "YES!" in a sugary-sweet tone, but dashed my satisfaction by quickly following with the honest truth: "But not." He's getting a good start at flattery, but needs to learn to leave the last-minute honesty out of it! He honestly cracks me up. It was a classic and will live in infamy.
Zoey was crying in the car, so I cranked up the Primary songs to calm her/drown her out. ;) Zach became tired of it and asked me to turn it off. I explained that the songs helped the Spirit dwell in our car. He persisted, "Yeah, but if you turn it off, we still have enough spirit in here!"
"I'm being have!" His way to say he's behaving. Makes sense, right?!
I walked into the kitchen and he was sneaking some marshmallows. I asked how many he'd eaten, and he proudly replied, "Like twenty!"
He makes up words on a regular basis. "Did you see that? It flooped right by!" Another time, it was, "Did you see that? I splupped up a lot of water! (While drinking through a straw). One other was, "That little stunkfink." "What's a stunkfink?" I asked. "It's a toenail word." he informed me. Also, the word "slocket" turns up in his jibberish a lot. I dig it!
I gave him a stack of underwear to put in his drawer. He tucked them into their proper position and affectionately patted them, saying, "There you go, little fellas."
He also uses the word "stay" in place of "keep," as in "Stay the door open, Mom!"
Zach loves taking baths. He wanted to take one the other day and I asked why he needed one. He told me, "I'm filthy dirty!" Where has he heard that before?!
The other night I was getting ready to go somewhere and slid into a pair of denim shorts that are decorated with rhinestones. He liked that they were shiny and gushed, "Mom, you look pretty! You look like a ballerina!"
I try to keep track of the precious things he says, and I don't know why it hasn't occurred to me to put them on this blog until now. I'll try to keep up!



1 comment:
Ha, Ha, Ha, Hilarious!!!!
Post a Comment