Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Trip to Idaho and Utah in July

We had a great summer vacation travelling to Idaho and Utah to visit friends and family. Here are some photos of the fun we had:

 Grandma Nettie with Zach and Bono
 My bestest friends from way back when got together with our offspring and spent the day together in beautiful Jackson Hole. I adore these amazing women! Look how beautiful they all are!!
 This is how I felt also after our 4am wake-up call for a 6am flight the day before, followed by 6+ hours of driving. It took us about 3 days to catch up on sleep!
 Grandpa playing baseball with the boys. How sweet is that?! Zach was loving it!
 My Zoe-buggy. I could just eat her up!!
 Most of the Wilhelmsen cousins. Zach was in heaven with all the cousins he got to spend time with on our trip. It makes life here seem so boring!
 The classic IF Zoo water fountain photo.
 Zoey helping Dad put together the trampoline at Nana and Papa's. Both kids were huge fans.
 Zach and Michael- 6 days apart.
 Cute girls
 After visiting in IF a few days, we headed to our big Malan Reunion in Albion, Idaho. I will post about that later, but it was awesome to be with that side of the family after a long absence!





Zoey lost her bottle privileges on this trip after poking the nipple out and spilling the contents everywhere. It was time. Zach never did that.  
 These sweet "banana peel" bikes were the hit of the party! Lots and lots of fun!
 The whole Alexander clan. It has been 5 years (and 7 new grandchildren) since our last family picture! (We have a professional shot that will be coming soon!)
 What a beautiful family Nick and Meadow have!
 Grandma Malan with a huge slew of great-grandchildren!
 4 generations. 
 Love these awesome sisters of mine. Women of steel!

 Grammy Alexander gifted me this stunning heirloom she crafted by hand in the late 60s/early 70s. I am honored to have it and will treasure it forever! She is truly a talented and generous woman. 
 A bunch of the Alexander cousins.
 Zoey has such a strong musical inclination already- I hope to introduce her to some type of musical training before too long.
 Chillin' with Uncle Mike!
And a girl's night out with the sisters- scalp treatments at Paul Mitchell Academy.

I am barely recovering from the late nights, midnight wakings, and early mornings that come with travelling with little ones. We had a wonderful time, but I am ready for a vacation with just my husband. We have been wanting to sleep in- just a couple of days- for a few years now... ;)

No comments: