What would a trip to Maui be without snorkeling at Black Rock in Ka'anapali?! Ryan chose this locale for his Bday, and we were happy to oblige. While Nat and I were snorkeling, Ryan took Bono and Zach in to meet a turtle, whom they aptly named Volkswagon ("Boltswagon" to Zach). Pretty awesome for a three year old to swim with a turtle. But even awesomer for me to be charged by said turtle. I had to do a hi-ya karate move to allow him to swim under my leg since there is a $10,000 fine for touching the endangered creatures. It was wonderful. Seeing turtles always makes snorkeling worth getting long hair wet and salty!
We then continued the celebration at Lahaina Pizza Co., the restaurant formerly known as BJs Pizza, for some delectable, thick-crusted pizza and a Pizzookie. Yum! Happy Birthday, Ryan!
My hair does this thing in the humidity and water. It gets all wavy and crazy. And I hate blow drying it. So for most of this trip, my long hair is a mess of frumpy, frizzy, wild, waves. I am getting too old and motherly to care about such nonsense as having smooth, orderly tresses.
The three of us are practically triplets!! Look at my gorgeous sister, all brown and tall and blue-eyed!
On another note, these pigtails are so cute, I could seriously EAT THEM!!!!
My super kiddos!
Sadly, we arrived just as the very last humpback whales said "aloha oe" to Hawaii. :((( Whale season is the absolute best. We try so hard to make it then, but our vacation time has been dictated by Corey's breaks from school, so we missed it yet again. I seriously love and miss those majestic animals.
My superguys. Bono was not too happy. I think he wants a superman shirt.
How does my sister look so hot and I look so ...I dunno...6 years older?!! We had so much fun together. She watched the kids while Corey and I got to do some kayaking and snorkeling together. She is the best!!
The Stevens' took us out to Tommy Bahama's, which has to have some of the very best cuisine on the island. Seriously-it is SOOO deliciously delightful.
Filet mignon with fingerling potatoes and asparagus? Yes, please!
THese two little troublemakers were so cute together, when they weren't fighting over the same diecast airplane toy! Seriously, I am so glad Zach has several boy cousins his same age. Wish I could say the same for Zoey... (hint, hint, Cherlyn!!)
I got an itch to go paddleboarding again this trip. Last time we went to Hawaii, it was just starting to get more visible. We did it, but it was pretty anticlimatic for me, for some reason. You pretty much just stand there and try not to fall down like all the other fools out there, right?! This time, we went again, and I enjoyed it much more, It's all about focusing on your center of gravity and enjoying the scenery. Corey even took Zach out for awhile, which they both really dug.
That blur in the black is me. I like the wave action Corey captured in the foreground!
A random trumpet fish and turtle I saw during our snorkeling and kayak trip between Mana Kai and Wailea.



1 comment:
When you say 2010, you mean 2012...like a few weeks ago right? Nonetheless, it looks like you had a blast!!
Post a Comment