After 6 days in Maui, we took a puddle jumper flight to Kauai. Zach liked the flight, but wasn't fond of the loud engine!
Corey's parents were generous enough to invite us to stay with them at the Marriott Waiohai through trading their timeshare week. It was awesome!! The grounds are immaculate and border Poipu Beach. There are a series of pools and hot tubs, which Zach loved.
Our beautiful condo.
With an ocean view. :)
One of our favorite Kauai restaraunts- Keoki's Paradise. We found it in the guidebook, Kauai Revealed, on our first trip to Kauai a few years ago. We ate here a few times. It has great food at a decent price for the mostly overpriced island.
We have always seen lots of random chickens all over the islands, but never with cute little chicks like we saw on this trip.
The lava rocks created this natural tiny pool, just Zach's size! He about got rocked by the waves a few times when the tide rose. There was actually amazing snorkeling in the little bay here. It was a little murky, but the variety of fish was stellar. I believe Lanai has been my favorite place to snorkel, though. There is this school of yellow butterfly fish that move in the shape of a sphere--just this large, yellow orb swimming around. Stunning! I totally miss it.
The babies dug the beach. Of course, Nana spoiled them with a new sand castle kit.
We had to keep these fair-skinned babes slathered in sunscreen, and did a great job of preventing any serious burns, thankfully.
Did I mention Zoey is a climber?
I love looking at tide pools also. Again, Lanai has the best tide pools I have seen. They are full of sea cucumbers, crabs, and all sorts of beautiful marine creatures!
Sleeping was the trickiest part of our trip. It was hard to get the kids in a stable place for a nap. They usually just zonked in the car. And they were both up at the crack of dawn (or earlier) every morning, beginning at 2:40am the first morning in Hawaii, 4am the next day, and around 6 the rest of the trip. When we returned, everyone was so jet lagged that they all slept in until nearly 11am the first day back, 9:30 the next day, then 8, and then back to 7ish. It was the first time we've gotten to sleep in like that since we had kids. So nice!!
I love my sweet, stunningly handsome husband. We are about ready for a trip by ourselves--just for the sake of getting some much-needed sleep!!! But it was fun to take the kids on this trip. He is such a huge help with them, and lets me sleep in as often as possible!
My father-in-law stealing a kiss from his beautiful bride.
And the classic mischievous, dimpled grin afterward!!
Zach taking lessons from Papa!
Thankfully, it passed quickly, revealing the stunning scenery below.
I think it was a National Geographic photographer that offered to take this photo for us. (For reals) Who else gets lucky enough to get all 6 people looking in the only shot?
Above Waimea Canyon
A father-son lesson on snorkeling. Unfortunately, Zach didn't quite catch on this time. I so wanted him to see the beautiful fish swimming right below him in the ocean!
Corey, Roger, and Cheryl golfed at the Kauai Lagoons course--one of the highlights of their trip. I got a brief nap with the kids, which was a highlight for me!
This slide is at the Marriott Beach Club, where we stayed our past visit. We spent some time in the kids pool there. It was perfect for Zach and Zoey.
Can you tell he doesn't get soda often?!
There is going to be one last entry to wrap up our trip to Hawaii. It has been close to a month since our return, and looking at these pictures makes me homesick! Even Zach said to me the other day, "I want to be in Hawaii. I don't want to come back here to Texas!" Amen, brother! Couldn't have said it better myself. Maybe someday....
My father-in-law stealing a kiss from his beautiful bride.
And the classic mischievous, dimpled grin afterward!!
Zach taking lessons from Papa!
I just loved this action photo of the kids running together. Zach ran right to the fence, slipped through the open area, and was luckily caught by us 10 feet before the several thousand foot drop off. It might be a good idea for the open area to be eliminated. Or for Zach to have a leash.
The sun was in our eyes, okay?!
The cloud cover was hiding the beautiful views of the Kalalau Valley when we arrived at the lookout.Thankfully, it passed quickly, revealing the stunning scenery below.
I think it was a National Geographic photographer that offered to take this photo for us. (For reals) Who else gets lucky enough to get all 6 people looking in the only shot?
Above Waimea Canyon
A father-son lesson on snorkeling. Unfortunately, Zach didn't quite catch on this time. I so wanted him to see the beautiful fish swimming right below him in the ocean!
Corey, Roger, and Cheryl golfed at the Kauai Lagoons course--one of the highlights of their trip. I got a brief nap with the kids, which was a highlight for me!
This slide is at the Marriott Beach Club, where we stayed our past visit. We spent some time in the kids pool there. It was perfect for Zach and Zoey.
We were there on May Day, which they nicknamed Lei Day. Nothing like a beautiful flower necklace to make you feel like a queen. Forget diamonds and pearls!
At Keoki's again. Divine cashew chicken stirfry.Can you tell he doesn't get soda often?!
There is going to be one last entry to wrap up our trip to Hawaii. It has been close to a month since our return, and looking at these pictures makes me homesick! Even Zach said to me the other day, "I want to be in Hawaii. I don't want to come back here to Texas!" Amen, brother! Couldn't have said it better myself. Maybe someday....



No comments:
Post a Comment