| Zach picked this plumeria in Hawaii and gave it to me. Sweetheart! |
Zach is a total daddy's boy, and I sometimes get a little down, wondering what I can do to show Zach I am equally adoring of him, and long for his affections also. But he gave me the greatest gift I could have asked for this Mother's Day, that was a simple gesture that he has a tender place in his heart for his loving mama!
The Primary children were singing a few Mother's Day songs during sacrament meeting on Sunday. We were sitting close to the front, so Zach was one of the first children on the stand. He smiled and waved to us while the other children were assembling, but then suddenly darted through the crowd, off the stand, and back to our pew. I thought he must have gotten scared (not like him :)) or otherwise decided he did not want to participate in the singing in front of the large congregation. But instead of sitting back down with us, he sweetly said, "I love you, Mommy," and gave me a big kiss and hug. Then he turned around, ran back up on the stand, and nosed his way back to the front spot, where he sang the songs with the other children.
My heart instantly melted. I wondered if Corey put him up to it, but he denies the accusation. It's not that Zach isn't affectionate with me--he gives me lots of loves and snuggles and tells me he loves me often. This was just especially out of the ordinary for him to do that in public like that.
Perfect gift for me!



No comments:
Post a Comment