Friday, March 4, 2011

Zoey's First Ten Days

Please Put Down the Camera!

Oh dear! What can I say? I get a little carried away with this Little Princess! I've been waiting a long time for a girl to dress up and play with! She has been so much fun. Zoey is a complete angel. She has only been waking up once in the night to eat, and also sleeps most of the day. She only fusses when she's hungry or needs to be changed. Her temperment is so sweet. She likes to just look around thoughtfully at her surroundings, and especially gazes at our family photos on the wall (which I know she shouldn't be able to see because they're more than 18 inches from her face, but seriously, how do they really know how far a baby can see without getting verbal responses?! I think she likes to look at her family.) I guess my only complaint is that she is tending toward cluster-feeding. So she'll want to eat every half hour or hour for a few hours, then she'll sleep for 2 to 4 hours. She also likes to be held and snuggled (which Zach didn't really care for), and sleeps better that way than when we lay her down. She mostly sleeps in her bassinett though.

I adore my Zachary, but he was such a hard baby, I about lost my mind. He had great difficulty eating and sleeping, and I was up around the clock. The poor darling screamed all the time. I couldn't figure it out then, but I now realize it was probably because he was starving and exhausted. I still feel so badly, both that I didn't know his needs and couldn't meet them, it breaks my heart! I prayed that subsequent babies would be a little easier, and so far, Heavenly Father has heard and answered my prayers! I'll gladly take them any way they come--even if they're colicky and difficult, but this has sure been a piece of heaven for us!

So here are the dozens of photos I have taken of her in the 10 days since she was born. I know they are far from professional. It makes me want a nicer camera and some more photo lessons, but it's better than nothing, right?! Sorry for the extensive pictures, but these are for all the relatives that live far away and likely won't see her for several months.














I can't believe I'm a mother of two now!

 
My Tiny Dancer!

She's just going to have to like big flowers and bows!




Her hair is looking redder and redder!

 
Her Aunt Missy crocheted this precious, softer-than-silk, hat, mitten, and cocoon ensemble. I adore it!






 
Zach is the most concerned, adoring big brother ever.





This is her Victoria's Secret pose!

4 comments:

Live Out Loud said...

She is beautiful! I love the photo of Zach kissing her.
xo!

Crystal said...

I know. Isn't wonderful, being a mother of two. Such rewarding. I am so happy that Zoey is easy going for you. The pictures are just breathe taking!!! God Bless your family! Love you.

Lindsey Walker said...

It was so fun to see you and that adorable little girl the other day. I am so glad she is good for you! As much as we love them the way they come, it helps to have a calm, happy baby!

Par 5 said...

I am so glad you posted so many picutres...she is beautiful! I want to hold her! :) I've got plenty of ribbon (of all colors) if she needs more bows and we have some flowers left over from the craft fair...certainly she can't go without those--Not when she looks that cute in them--I even have some SOONERS ribbon, I'll get a bow in the mail for March Madness! :)