Thursday, February 24, 2011

Introducing Sweet Little Zoey!

She's here at last! And right on her due date! We are so happy to welcome little Zoey Elizabeth into our happy family! She was born Tuesday, February 22, 2011 at 6:01 am. She was 20 inches long and weighed 7 pounds 8 ounces- which surprised me because 2 weeks earlier the doctor said she was measuring 7 pounds 6 ounces on the ultrasound. I thought she'd easily be at least 8.5 pounds! I guess we all know not to trust those estimated measurements much! I think it's time for a new sonogram machine at my doctor's office, because he also said she had tons of hair visible on the ultrasound. I was expecting a hairy little monkey, but she just has a little bit, and it's light-brown with maybe some strawberry blonde highlights. We'll have to see what color it is as it grows out.

I don't want to jinx anything, but she has been a complete angel so far! I was hoping this would be the case, because it was so hard with Zachary. He couldn't figure out how to eat/I couldn't figure out how to feed him, thus, he didn't sleep much and screamed and cried all hours. It was so heart-breaking and difficult for us all! But Zoey seems to get the hang of eating--except it is still very painful for me as she completely learns how to latch on properly. And she sleeps all the time, which blows my mind, and for which I am most thankful. I have to wake her up in the night after 4+ hours of sleeping to eat--which NEVER happened with Zach. His first 4 hour stretch was at one month! She also rests on and off for most of the day. When she is awake, she hardly fusses. She just looks around thoughtfully. I know they say many newborns are just really sleepy the first few days, so I'm not going to get my hopes up too high that the great sleeping will last, but it has been a huge blessing already, as Corey and I have been able to catch up on all the lost sleep. I have had a chance to heal and Corey has been able to rest for his intense exam schedule (Did I mention he got a 100% on his test the day after her birth? He is both blessed and SMART!)

My sweet sister Natalie came out from Maui to both be my doula and help out with the kids before and after the birth. We have had so much fun, and I cannot imagine what I would have done without her assistance!

Happily snuggling my tiny right after her birth




Zach is so excited about her! He loves her to pieces already, and always wants to hold her.



Get ready for flowers and bows, Little Princess!

And pink and brown and polka dots, of course!

Doesn't she already pose like a Tiny Diva?!
We adore her, and feel so blessed that all went perfectly with the labor and delivery, resulting in a healthy, happy mother and baby!!!

6 comments:

Crystal said...

She is just precious. I hope she stays sleeping well and eating well (with proper latching). Congrats, again. In His love, Crystal

Nat Heaton said...

Congratulations to you, Corey and Zach! She is beautiful and girls are SO much fun!!

Live Out Loud said...

WELCOME ZOEY!!!...LOVE, LOVE the name! I may have to steal it if we ever have another little girlie. xo,

Camille said...

I'm so happy for you and Corey Noelle! Plus! You look absolutely glowing and beautiful in the pictures right after you had her! I'm SO serious! :-) She sounds like such a little angel! Jake was like that....he was a good little baby....he had times here and there....but for the most part he was an angel....I'm sure she'll stay like that...but of course...she'll have her times. :-) Love you!

Heather said...

SOO adorable! Congratulations.

Anneliese said...

congrats noelle and corey. she's adorable!