Monday, November 23, 2009

Decisions, decisions

WHY am I so hesitant to go forward with our move to Texas?

There are a lot of factors. I do not yet have a firm contract for my job there. Our house is not yet rented out. We do not have a place to live out there yet. Texas is ugly. No offense, but compared to Utah, Idaho, Oregon, Hawaii, etc, it is just plain flat and ugly. I think the main problem is that I have just not truly received an inspired confirmation that Texas is where we should be going. We felt really good about Oregon, but nothing seemed to point that it made any sense to move there. When I say we felt good, hmmmm, I don't know that I could said it was an inspired good, it just was beautiful, close to home, the mountains, and the beach, etc. And I can't say I feel like we shouldn't go to Texas, or should go anywhere else. But it also doen't make any sense to stay here. We are excited to get on with Corey's education. Confusion...

When we were deciding on where to attend dental school, Corey and I were Gospel Doctrine teachers. In the midst of our decision, while preparing for our lesson, we seriously came across a scripture in the Doctrine and Covenants that says, "Go to the Ohio." Answers don't come more straightforward than that!

Why can't we get a similar answer for Texas? (I already checked the Topical Guide and Index- there are no references for either OR or TX!)

1 comment:

Becky said...

Yes. I've read it before. Jimothy 5:12 says, "And it was the day of noel where they rode to the desert of ugliness..." You just need to study harder.

:) Honestly, I'd rather just have you guys stay here. But let's get together before Christmas either way!!