Saturday, November 21, 2009

November 2009

I have realized that I am just not going to be that person that gets photos printed and put into an album or scrapbook. I have thousands of photos, and I do see them often as my screensaver, but I am going to try to post a few more photos on this blog to share with firends and family. Someday, maybe I'll even have these blog entries bound into a book or something. So here are some photos chronicling Zach's first birthday party and other November events.


Corey's parents came down the weekend before Zach's birthday and we went on a shopping spree to Toys R Us. Zach had an absolute hayday. It made me realize that we don't get out much. He loved this big T-rex, as well as the blue truck, which we ended up getting him. He really loved all his gifts and has been excited to play with each one of them this week.


We had a Mexican Fiesta theme, enjoying delicious tostadas and a pinata filled with candy and toys. He really liked pulling the tissue paper off the pinata and putting it in his mouth. Adam Jack was appaled that we were "breaking the horsie!"


I made this lovely cake, as well as cupcakes that everyone had the chance to decorate. Zach first just started mushing the cupcake and frosting in his hand. Finally, I had to stick some in his mouth, and then he just kept shoveling it in!! He has never had anything so sugary before, and he loved it!!

He has started pushing objects up to the couch and TV so he can better reach and climb and get into trouble.

Zach and his Aunt Erica

Have you ever seen such a cute dad? He often dresses Zach in clothes that match his own.
They are best buds while I am away at work.

Corey hiked Zach's pants way up.

He loved playing in these gloves. The look on his face is angelic!

I was shocked to find this picture on the camera. Corey threatens me if I dare suggest putting bows on my beautiful boy. Apparently, Zack put this one on himself for the photo op while Corey was watching him!! He would make a cute girl, right?! (Don't tell Corey I said that!)
Zach has learned to climb into the toy chest...
but has trouble getting back out!

And lastly, here is the sunset out the back door last night. I am certainly going to miss this place. We put it up for rent a couple of weeks ago. We have one family that is particularly interested, but nothing is certain yet. I got my Texas dental license, but am patiently waiting for a contract to sign so we can look more seriously for housing. It is a frustrating process. We are planning on moving between Christmas and New Years so Corey can begin the semester in January. Nothing is exactly solid yet, so it doesn't seem quite real. I don't want to harass my new boss, but I am getting a little impatient. We'll keep everyone posted once we make definitive plans.

No comments: