Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Three Weeks Old

Wow, I knew it was going to be a lot of work, but this is exhausting! I honestly don't know how all you other mothers make it look so easy. Zach is still all over the board as far as sleeping and eating schedules go. I'm starting to hate the nights, because I never know if he'll wake up 45 minutes from when I feed him, or if he'll sleep for 4 hours straight. He does better during the days, sleeping and eating about every 2-3 hours. He is a sweet, darling angel, but my sanity will be much better once we get a little bit of a predictable schedule going. It is possible, right? It is amazing that he is 3 weeks old today. It honestly seems like we were just at the hospital yesterday. Maybe that's because, without a full night's sleep, these weeks just seems like one big, long day!

I love these golden locks!

He's filling out those tiny chicken legs. He weighed 8 lbs 10 oz at 16 days.

5 comments:

Tessa said...

Wow Noelle he looks so different already. He is so cute. Give him the first three months and he'll get the hang of it. I know you are both amazing parents.

Live Out Loud said...

Noelle and Corey,
Congratulations!!! I am so excited for you. When I read your blog for the first time I must admit I got a little misty eyed. I totally know what you mean about wanting to keep your tiny baby tiny...I miss my little 4 lb red bird baby. Yes, she totally looked like a little alien (a cute alien), but she was my alien and and it was so fun to be able to hold her with one hand...I love every moment of being a mother. It was definitely the best choice I have ever made and I am really excited for more. As far as night time goes, I am sorry. In theory my plan was just to feed my baby once befrore bed, once in the middle of the night, and then again in the early morning...(I did not want to feed on demand). However, I cannot tell you how many nights I woke up on the floor next to my little baby, who had a well defined milk mustache. It was not the plan, but it helped me sleep better, so I did it. LolaBella was 9or 10 months old when she finally gave up the middle of the night feeding. It was actually about the same time she decided that she did not want to nurse anymore. Good luck and love you.--Sara

Noelle and Corey said...

I'm glad to hear your experiences Sara. It's nice to have all these parenting theories and plans, but you have to take it all with a grain of salt. Some of the tips may work, and some won't. It might take some time to figure out what will work best for us, but I'll try not to get too hung up on sticking to an exact plan.

Anneliese said...

Little Zach is so darling. Yeah, the first while is crazy. I really don't think I remember the first three months very well with either of my kids because it felt I was always in a daze :-) Hang in there it gets easier once the sleep deprivation goes away -- but isn't it worth every minute.

Shannon said...

He is changing so fast. What a little cutie. Good luck with the schedule thing. You will both find your groove. I remember being so tired and I hate being tired. I know you need to find your own rhythm, but if you need any help I loved baby wise, is was a great fit for me and the boys. Now you stop blogging and go take a nap.