Thursday, February 16, 2012

V Day

 These two truly make my heart beat! They bring me pure joy, every minute of every day. 
Peek-a-boo! 
 So this year for Valentine's Day, I decided to start some traditions. We'll see if they continue next year! We began by having a special candlelight dinner as a family on Sunday evening. I made chicken and eggplant parmesan- yum!
 The night before Valentine's Day, I cut out paper hearts and made a path leading from Zach's room to my room to his high chair, where I placed...

 a heart-shaped bowl of sugary-sweet cereal. I also gave him a tiny box of chocolates. You can tell this kid doesn't get a lot of sweets. When I asked him what was inside the orange-cream chocolate that made it so yummy, he said, "Cheese!" Makes sense--it's orange, gooey, and tasty, right?!
He was super-sweet all day, and insisted we have a candlelight lunch and dinner again!
 I had to go to work that day, but we got some snuggle time in also.

 All decked out. I drove CLEAR across town last year to buy her this outfit when it went on sale after Valentine's Day. I was so excited to have a Valentine's outfit for my baby this year! Last year at this time, I was ready to pop. Corey sent me flowers with a card that said, "Happy V Day--Too bad it's not B Day!" I had to wait another week to deliver this little angel! I had kind of hoped for a little Valentine's baby, but she came right on her due date. 
 I had placed hearts in various places around the house, and later found Zach on the potty backwards. I asked what he was doing and he said he had to read the Valentine!! Priceless!
The only recent picture I have of my real valentine is of Corey eating spaghetti, and it isn't the most flattering, :) I need to take more pictures of my handsome husband. He truly is the love of my life. He is the best husband and father I can imagine. I feel so lucky to have such an amazing person in my life. He is such an example to me of patience, kindness, and so many other qualities. Anyone who knows Corey can attest to this. I am especially grateful to him for giving me the two sweetest children I could hope for. I love our life together, and hope it just keeps getting better! Oh, and he even remembered to get me all milk chocolates this year--no yucky dark ones. See? He's perfect!

2 comments:

Lindsey Walker said...

You are such a cute mom! Holidays are the best with kids and it looks like you made it special for your sweethearts.

Cher said...

So cute! I love the way Zach thinks so logically. Cheese :)