Last year when I was looking for a Halloween costume for Zach, he was having a Peter Pan craze. I found a costume that would fit him this year, and knew we'd be having a little Tinkerbell, so I bought them both. I really wanted to get Captain Hook and Wendy costumes for Corey and I, but I did not find and for the right price, and didn't have it in me to make them, so we used our old pirate fallback costumes! I think Halloween is so much fun, and dressing up is fun for both the adults and kids!
Check out this handsome Jack Sparrow!
My sweet little Tink!
Peter Pan handing out candy at the ward trunk-or-treat.
My sweeties!
She could double as an angel!
Our ward had a chili and cobbler cook-off. Corey entered and his was seriously amazing. I think we may have gotten there too late for it to be properly judged. ; ) They had some games for the kids and then trunk-or-treating afterward. I love trunk-or-treating--you save so much time from going house-to-house! Our next door neighbor also came with us and snuggled Zoey all evening. It was a big help!
Papa Pirate
Our neighborhood had a costume parade and afterward the families on the street handed out candy from lawn chairs. It was great not having to go knock on the doors. The most creative costume we saw was this group of people wearing hats with fins on top and t-shirts with the days of the week--Shark Week!! We also saw an Angry Bird family!
Zach was all about the trick-or-treating this year. Last year, Halloween was on a Sunday, so we went to our church party and a mall trick-or-treat on Saturday, but didn't go to any doors on the actual holiday. He got totally into the spirit this year! He ran right up to the doors, even if the homeowners were standing right on their lawns handing out candy!
The funniest thing happened that night-- after he got used to people being out on their lawns handing out candy, he started running from lawn to lawn. He bumped into some people bypassing the sidewalk on the lawn and apparently thought they were the homeowners and said, "Trick or treat!" They tried to pass by, as they were all just trick-or-treating also, but Zach was making sure they didn't get by without dishing out the goods. I tried desperately to explain that this was not those people's house and to keep walking, but he would have none of that. He just kept saying, "Trick or treat!" and sticking his hand out to all the passersby until the parents finally said, "Just give him one of your treats!" and he finally grabbed a piece of some poor kid's candy. I was laughing so hard at the situation that I'm afraid I wasn't much help. Good thing he is so cute! Oh well.
He still got a little freaked out by some of the decorations.
Zoey was trying to jump ship into the front seat of the stroller where Zach's candy was!
And trying to claim her share when we got home.
Score! For Mom and Dad, that is! We honestly don't let him have much candy. He's energetic enough as it is. I don't think most kids need more sugar pumped into their systems--especially with the teeth I have to fix! He gets maybe one or two treats a day, depending on his behavior.
But Zoey is a perfect angel and gets all the treats she wants! Not really, but she sure had fun sucking on the sucker wrapper for a few minutes! Wait until next year, Sweetie!!



3 comments:
Zoey's eyes are so blue. What a little princess. We missed you all at Halloween. Loves to you all.
SO cute! I can't believe how big Zoey is already. Kids should grow up that fast. Love ya cuz
I love it! I can't get Brent to dress up so kudos to you and Corey for being all over the magic of Halloween! What an adorable little pirate family!
Post a Comment