Sunday, June 5, 2011

Zach is Two and a Half Years Old!!

 Can you look at this smile and not just fall in love with this kid?!! 

At 2.5 years old, he is the epitome of what a little boy of that age should be. He is enthusiastic, energetic, feisty, extremely loud, sweet as can be, mischievous, and just an all-around champ! He hit a rough spot right after his second birthday when we thought he'd officially hit the "Terrible Twos," (evidenced by tantrums, throwing large objects down stairs, etc.) but after we returned home from our holiday travels, the crazy behavior cleared right up and our Super Sweet Zach was back.

Then, a few weeks ago, he discovered his screaming voice, and uses it profusely to demand water (or, as of late, "juicy mingo" (aka mango)-where does he get this stuff?!!) in his sippy cup, "chweets" (treats), "peanut butter jelly and sandwich" for lunch, help with his various playing escapades, and whatever else. I think this is the real Terrible Two stage that he's finally caught on to, unfortunately. Some days are just fine, but other days, my patience is tried to the very limit. But always, at the end of every day, Corey and I still marvel and all the cute, smart, and sweet things he said and did throughout the day, and we are ready for another adventurous day with this wonderful boy.



 "Peanut butter jelly and sandwich"- all over his cute face!
 One of the things he's really into lately is Peter Pan. He loves the movie, the book, and pretending every conceivable scenario with Peter Pan, Captain Hook, Tinkerbell, and the other characters. I bought this costume for him for this coming Halloween, and he was in HEAVEN when I pulled it out the other day as a special treat!

 Here is a little stunt he pulled while I was feeding Zoey--unrolled ALL the tin foil in the kitchen in order to get the "trumpet" inside!! Da-doo-da-doo!
 Zach is such a sweet big brother to Zoey, always giving her loves and snuggling up to her. I do wish he would realize how small and fragile she is though, as he likes to roughhouse around her also.

Too tender!!
He sings lots of Primary songs. Here is the semi-spastic version of, "I am a Child of God."

Here he is all excited about his Peter Pan outfit.

And my heart melts when he says, "I love you, Wendy." 
(Which he says even when he's not playing Peter Pan!)

And of course, he's all about the sword fighting and swashbuckling with the Evil Captain Hook! 
Corey is such a good sport!! 

We feel so blessed to have this little boy in our lives. He is an absolute delight, even when he's being naughty!

4 comments:

Natalie Jan said...

We love the Child of God Song and the Peter Pan costume. When Ry saw the costume he said, "what are they doing to that child?" :) You guys are giving him a great childhood, that's what.

Live Out Loud said...

I love the photos of him snugging with Zoey! Twos are acuatlly the hardest age for me (so far...I am pretty sure that 11 will be difficult for me too as I was a terrible 11 year old...). New babies, three year olds and four year olds have been way easier for me to be a good mom to. What I am trying to say is he will grow out of it (and Zoey will grow in to it) and you will have a stronger realtionship in spite of and probably because of the rough times (LolaBella and I used to fight a lot, but now we are best friends...just ask her).

Becky said...

2 1/2? He's so old! When are you coming back to Utah? We miss playing Ticket to Ride with ya'll.

Par 5 said...

Not to worry...our first just turned 7 and she's finally (fingers crossed) out of the temper tantrum, throwing large objects, etc. stage. So you see? You have so much to look forward to! :) He actually looks way to sweet to believe that he even pretends to be naughty!!