Sunday, May 29, 2011

Zoey is 3 Months Old!!

I know it sounds cliche, but the past three months have absolutely flown by!! I cannot believe our little girl is already a quarter of a year old! As you can see, she is growing like a WEED! She started at 7.5 pounds, and now weighs in at 13.4! She is a good little eater, and goes around 3 hours between feedings, usually. She sleeps amazingly well at night, and usually has a long stretch between 10 or 11pm and 5 am-ish. She has a 2 or 3 am feeding every now and then, but it's rare. 
Zoey is as sweet as can be, and has the best temperament. She rarely gets honery--only when she's super hungry or tired, and a few times in-between. She likes to snuggle, although she sometimes prefers her swing to my arms, which makes me sad. I try and hold her as much as possible, because I know this time is flying so quickly. Don't come to my house unannounced, or you will see the result of my choosing snuggle-time over housework!! I just love to smother her with kisses and cuddles. Zach didn't really like to be cuddled. He was really fidgety and liked to always be moving. At this age he was already loving his Jumparoo, doing sit-ups, and almost rolling over! Zoey's much more easy-going.
I love watching her stretch in the mornings when she wakes up. It is so intense that anyone watching feels a little relief!


I love when she smiles in her sleep.
But she smiles all the time now, and laughs pretty easily, too. The sound of her laugh is the most beautiful music to our ears! She makes a little squeal that we've never heard anyone make except Zachary. She is especially ticklish in her underarms!
Here's that super-stretch in realtime!
Such a good girl, wearing the giraffe PJs that her big brother used to wear.
Here is Zach in the same outfit, only he was about 7 weeks old in it, and she is closer to 12 weeks, so it's not the best comparison. She is a bit more filled-out than he was, probably because he was just catching on to eating well at this age. Lots of people tell us Zoey looks just like Zach. I don't honestly know how they see it yet, because, while I think their baby pictures look alike, I don't think she looks much like he does now.
Here is a shot of each of them at about 3 months old. Their smiles and other features are pretty similar. Zach's head was like a perfect sphere though. Zoey's is still pretty round compared to many babies, but not as round as Zach's was. Zach also had fuller lips, Corey pointed out to me. I think Zoey also has a little dimple on the left side. It makes me wonder if she'll look a lot like he does in the future. I wonder if she'll have his cute, curly hair. It's not the same color at all--hers has more reddish tones in it. So I'm trying to imagine a red-headed Zach. I can't really do it! They are both sweet, beautiful angels to me!

3 comments:

Live Out Loud said...

I think they look a lot alike as well, both in their baby photos and I could definitely tell they were siblings if they were in a line-up (sooner than if a photo of you and Natalie were in the mix). However, they are both quite unique and individual and I doubt that little Zoey will end up looking like a red-headed Zack. They are both cute, sweet little angles. Just keep snuggling and loving them...as you well know Zoey will want to move sooner than later and though she may still be snuggly, the snuggle time will get shorter and shorter...they are adorable.
xo

Par 5 said...

Um, about that picture of her in the giraffe outfit...I wanna squish her! :)

I need her.

Here.

Quick.

Blanchard or Bust in August right?

Noelle and Corey said...

She does look downright squishable in that picture!!She is scrumptious! We are hoping to come out in August.