Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Family Visit

We don't get much visitor traffic here in Dallas, but since Zoey was born, we've had some great fun with visitors! Corey's parents and sisters, Melanie and Cherlyn, came to visit on Easter weekend for Zoey's blessing. It was so great having them here! I always feel like there's not much to do in Dallas, so I wonder what to do with company when they come. We go to the malls, which are bountiful in the area. I especially like the Grapevine Mills Outlet Mall near our home. We also hit up Dealey Plaza to check out where JFK was assassinated and go through the museum. Everyone did lots of snuggling with the babies too!

 Papa never wanted to put this one down. :)
 Here's the Wilhelmsen Clan (minus James, who was hard at work)!
 You know Nana is near when there are five bowls of jelly beans on the table (yes, we polished off the other two!). We had to do a taste test between the different brands. Starburst won! :)
 Nana and Melanie outside the JFK museum.
 Cherlyn and Roger discussing various conspiracy theories regarding the assassination.
 Cherlyn in the street, trying to get killed in the same exact spot as JFK! (There are Xs in the street that mark his location when shot. It is a busy freeway entrance still.)
 Two handsome men!
(I think Zoey may have a slight dimple on her left cheek thanks to Papa and her Great Grandma Alexander!)

In other goings on around the Wilhelmsen household:
 Zach makes a nearly daily habit out of escaping from his crib and trying to sneak out of his room. Needless to say, bedtime and naptime have been a bit of a battle lately.  We've been trying to rock him until he's pretty much out so we don't have to deal with him getting out. But sometimes he still gets out and we find him knocked out on on the recliner!
 This is one of my favorite outfits for Zoey. I bought it years and years ago, and am elated that I finally have a tiny girl to dress in it! There's something about ruffles I can't resist!!
 Especially on the bum!!
 This girl is starting to smile all the time now. I love it!! She has the sweetest smile ever.

 Ruffle Bum!
 Great Grandma Alexander bought Zoey this precious crocheted dress. Isn't it gorgeous?!!!
I absolutely love it!
 Especially the tiny booties (which she kicks off incessantly)!

1 comment:

Hales Family said...

I love that picture of Papa and Zoey, it is priceless. Darling kids!!! Love that he sleeps in the recliner not the crib.:)