Friday, February 18, 2011

Preggo Update- Like Anyone Wants Another One!

Just a quick update since my last hormonal drama about induction: I decided not to be induced--for now, at least--for a couple of reasons. First, Corey has assured me that he will be fine with school and most of his professors are pretty understanding. Second, after talking to a lot of people, I determined that it would likely be much more difficult to avoid pain meds if I were induced, because most methods bring on hard and strong contractions. I really hope to be able to deliver naturally, but if I don't make it all the way through without meds, at least I am going to try to wait it out and go into labor naturally. I think it is amazing to feel what it is like to go into labor unaided. They wanted to induce me with Zachary right after they turned him from breech to right-side-up, but I talked them into letting me go home and wait for him to come, for which I was very thankful. Another reason I didn't opt for the induction was that I didn't feel quite ready for all of it. It will come soon enough. I don't want to force her out before we're both ready! I also hadn't slept much the night before--what's new, right?
I love this little girl!
I'm feeling pretty good-almost too good for labor to be in the super-near future, possibly. I felt awful for a few days before I had Zachary. But who knows, though? That is the fun thing about babies coming--it is a total surprise when they decide to make their debut! I am so excited to meet her. I am sure there will be many struggles as I become accustomed to my new responsibilities. I am so grateful for my amazing husband who is such a wonderful help to me. I knew he would be a great father, but he has astounded me with his patience, love, and kindness. He is a model father, and I adore him! My children are so lucky to have him as their guide in this life, as am I. I am also so blessed with wonderful family who will be helping me out through this transition. We are so grateful for all your prayers.


On a different note, my sister, Natalie, flew in from Maui the other night--mostly because I was going to be induced last night. I feel bad for stealing she and her son away from her lonely husband when the delivery could still be a ways out, but it has really eased my mind to have someone here for when I go into labor. She is amazing and endured 28 hours of all natural labor with her child, so she will help coach me through and be my doula. Zach is pretty much enamored with her. He says, "I want my Natalie to rock me." : ) Today he also said, "Where is my Natalie?" I answered that she was cleaning in another room. Then he said, "Is she freaking you out?" I had to ask him to repeat himself, because I couldn't believe he had said that. Where did he get that?! I'm sure it has come from my lips, but I can't think of why he would apply it to that particular conversation! He is getting to the point where he expresses his own creative thoughts, and also applies crazy things we say and do to other situations. He cracks me up!
I LOVE this boy!
Also, some sweet women in my church threw me a baby shower last night. It was so much fun!! Baby girl items are just SO CUTE!!!!! I couldn't believe how spoiled I got! This girl is definitely going to be well-dressed, thanks to the generosity of so many people!

No comments: