I really have no problem with Zach's curly, golden locks. But Corey gets really irritated when people mistake our beautiful boy for a girl, and decided it was time for another trim. It has been about 6 months since his last haircut, and when it wasn't neatly combed, it would get a little scraggly looking. So I decided to take matters into my own hands (I don't really trust men with scissors. They may do OK with clippers, but very few have the finesse it takes to not turn longer hair into a train wreck!) So I cut off about 1.5-2 inches. it was a little more than I had planned to. I wanted to leave it a little long so that it would have enough room to curl well still. I didn't want it to be a mullet either. But I kind of hacked it, I admit. Maybe I should've taken a picture of the job I did, but I didn't want there to be any evidence of either my poor barbering skills or Zach's semi-bad haircut, so I refrained.
After a couple of days of being strangely reminded of "Dumb and Dumber," I decided to trim the sides a bit more, and it looks a lot better. It still isn't perfect, maybe, but it's pretty darn cute. I love the heck outta this kid! He's fun to play with and fun to just look at! I am really hoping all the cute curls will be passed along in the gene pool to his baby sister, but we'll just have to see!
And here is my preggo belly at about 24 weeks. I hardly have any photos of my pregnancy with Zach, so I am chronicling this one a little better, just for kicks. I was surprised to read that I weigh about 4 pounds less at this point in this pregnancy than I did with Zach, which is so weird to me, because I feel a lot bigger. Probably because I have been gorging myself with Halloween candy! But I have been exercising a lot more now than I ever did during my first pregnancy.
Just a little over 3 months to go!
And, speaking of haircuts, I got one today, and Corey is up next. Hopefully we'll be getting some family photos taken before long...
6 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment