Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Rolling Stones

Is this the saddest, sweetest face you've ever seen, or what? It honestly makes me want to cry!
Corey felt a familiar pain coming on yesterday afternoon while watching Zachary. It wasn't long before he was writhing on the floor with another kidney stone. It's his third one in about four years. He had some pain medication, which didn't help much until he had a priesthood blessing. He is thankfully feeling much better now, and we're hoping if he will start drinking at least as much water as he drinks Mt. Dew, maybe he won't have to encounter this malady again. We don't actually know what has caused them, but I like to think that quitting the Dew habit can't hurt!


On a lighter note, Corey was greatly cheered today when Zach suddenly rolled from his stomach to his back for the first time. He has repeated the action for my viewing pleasure, since I was at work for this milestone. I hope I don't have to miss too many of his "firsts," it's heartbreaking. At least Corey was able to be there for this one. Hopefully Zachary can learn to crawl, walk, and talk on our days off!! Zach rolled both from his stomach to his back and then back onto his stomach. He is starting to fuss when we lean him against us to sit or lie him down much. He likes to sit up with his back straight so he can see what's going on. For now, we still have to lightly support him, but I think he'll be sitting on his own shortly. He also loves his Jumparoo- thanks to Melanie for giving it to him (I think!). We'll post a video of him Jumparooing before long!

4 comments:

Cher said...

Wow I can't believe he is already rolling over! Poor Corey that sounds really painful.
(Cute title)

Becky said...

Seriously, quitting the soda MUST be worth a shot. I don't think there's a drink in this world worth all that! Good luck. Feel better.

Emily & Rayden said...

hello there. i'm not sure if you remember me. i'm chad's wife, emily...chad is tyson's brother. :) anyway, your little boy is adorable! i had that same exact swimming outfit for my little guy last summer. too cute. hope u guys are doin great though! see ya!

Live Out Loud said...

Oh Noelle,
I hated the fact that I too missed out on so much of Lola's life...her first diaper change, the first feeding (actually the first two days of diaper changes and feedings), rolling over, standing up, first steps, first words...all these came when I was at school and Bubba was watching Lola. Thank heavens he is pretty vigilant about video recording most of their alone time together...especially at first. Good luck and don't feel bad, it won't help.