As I looked out the back window toward the orchard today to see if our friends, the deer, were grazing in the orchard, I was surprised to encounter this buck. He had jumped our fence and was digging through the 14 inches or so of snow looking for food. I think he found my pile of weeds that never got discarded at the end of the summer, which he was quite satisfied with.
Mama doe and her fawn snuggle down in our tiny grove
We have seen the deer a bit this winter, but not as much as in years past. My favorite deer were two tiny fawns we had the summer before last. They were adorable! I would watch them curiously peek at me through the orchard fence as they wobbled on their spindly new legs while I would weed my flowerbeds. 
Tiny fawn peering from behind a tree
We didn't have tiny fawns this summer, so I hope we get some again next summer. Our location on the edge of this orchard that is replete with wildlife, topped with a with a gorgeous sunset view is our favorite feature of our home. I will be heartbroken if/when we move on.

Notice the two deer nestled under the tree



2 comments:
Those pictures of the Buck are amazing! You guys have the best view right out your back window.
Looks like you live in the middle of no-where. What a great yard you have. I can't belive that bambi is your neighbor.
Post a Comment