Sunday, February 9, 2014

January Happenings

For my birthday/Christmas, Corey surprised me with a Nikon DSLR camera. I've wanted one for awhile, but have been pretty happy with my Sony point and shoot cameras for years. I didn't want the extra expense or weight or responsibility that came with a fancy camera, but it is amazing the difference in quality of photos. I love it. 



Moonrise through one of my favorite arches in Pioneer Park. 


Lots more sunset photos.

Winter morning moonset.

This was a stunning sunrise. It looked like a storm of cotton candy blowing in.

Stairway to Heaven.

Sam scaling this red rock. These red rocks are really fun to climb. I'd love to learn more about the geology of this area. 
Gila Trail hike above Snow Canyon with Tessa and Sam's family. 
I loved this sunset. I hoped it would get more color, but this was the best shot.
I really don't know where she learned to pose like this.
Trying to decide between these two boots. Corey says, "They look the same, but one is wrinkly, but that's the style, right?" Lots of help! I kept them both. :)

Little pixie!
I'm good. I like this one. Snow Canyon is one of my favorite places.



Johnson's Trail in Snow Canyon

Me at the top of Little Black Mountain. It is 500 feet, with not much of a trail. Beautiful views from atop. 



No comments: