This sweet, handsome boy of ours turned 5 last month. I cannot believe he has grown so quickly! My sweet baby boy has now been reading for over two years, and is now at the second grade level. He is pretty quick with numbers also. He loves his karate class. When I asked him if he wanted to try soccer or something new, he said he wanted to stay in karate at least until he earned his black belt. He has a ways to go!! He sings and snuggles with me. Zachary has a beautiful voice. One of his favorite things to do is jump and run all over my new sectional couch. It drives me utterly insane, but I am sure I will look back and laugh! He and I eat breakfast together nearly every morning while Corey and Zoey snooze. Wild Kratts is one of his favorite TV shows. It is about two brothers who explore the animal kingdom. He says he wants to be an astronaut when he grows up, and loves learning about the planets. I am sure he is smart enough to do whatever he sets his mind to. He loves superheroes- especially Batman. We gave him a Batman shirt and costume for his birthday, along with an Angry Birds shirt, a Spiderman motorcycle toy, and some other things. Dad filled his room with balloons and gifts.
If he could have his way, he would sit in front of this computer or the iPad for hours. Thankfully, he mostly plays pbs.com games like Wild Kratts, but he also loves the mindless classics like Plants vs. Zombies and Angry Birds.
We had a superhero party with a few of his friends from Primary and preschool. Who knew that a room full of 5 year old superheroes could be as fun and cute as a bunch of princesses?! I didn't know how I would do as a mom to a little boy- I know more about tutus and tumbling- but it has been a blast that I am glad I did not miss out on!
Check out the sweet muscles!!
They had a test of strength blowing up these balloons, then punching with them.
Pizza and cupcakes. Zoey was excited to get in on the superhero action.
Testing their web-shooting skills with silly string. Buy more than you think you'll need. Each dollar store bottle shoots for about 10 seconds total!
And some random Halloween and other leftover pictures. I finally found my camera adapter. My phone has over 2000 photos on it, so I have no more memory to take more photos until I erase some, which I just can't being myself to do. Too nostalgic. I love having all my pics at my fingertips. I just need a phone with lots more memory!
Um...she is just stunning!
And so is the sky.



No comments:
Post a Comment