Monday, December 31, 2012

December 2012

December was an eventful month for us. Zach spent his birthday money from Grandma and Grandpa on this rocket ship and was not disappointed. He has been saying he wants to be an astronaut when he grows up for some time now, so I thought it would be perfect. The look on his face says it all!
 Zoey randomly grabbed the cooking mitts and was ready to help out in the kitchen!
 We took the kids to Bass Pro Shops to have their picture with Santa. They were both really good with Santa.
 She wanted a Red Rider Beebee gun!
 Zach spent forever racing some remote control cars there.
 Bass Pro even had a free reindeer carousel for the kids. The place is great!

 We got our yearly family pictures. It is really important to me to have a yearly family photo, probably because we have only a couple of photos of my entire family when I was a child. It took forever for the photographer to take the shots, and she only got a few with everyone looking decent. This was the only one I liked of the kids, and it's a little weird, but they kind of look like angels.
 This one turned out great. I adore my dashing husband!! (The print on my dress--not so much! It looked better on the hanger! I am already to the point of asking, "What was I thinking??!!!")
 Again, no fabulous photos of the entire family, but at least we are all looking!!
 Corey spoiled me for my birthday and bought me these beautiful flowers, two boxes of chocolates, a giant chocolate cupcake, and he even made me a precious book!
 This is the first page of the photo book he made for me. It melted my heart that he gave such a heartfelt gift--and it was even delivered before my birthday!!
 "You are more than just a beautiful woman, 
and so much more than just my wife,
You're the mother of these two sweet angels
and they will love you throughout their life."
 We went to the ice sculpture exhibit at the Gaylord Texan Resort. Besides Zach's mega-meltdown over wearing his mittens on the way there, it was a great night. We ate at the Italian restaurant there also, which was delicious. About halfway through, we realized we needed a date on our own. We adore our babies, of course, but it is difficult to enjoy adult company amidst screams for sippy cups and temper tantrums. :) Our kids had been sick on and off (we all went through a bout of the stomach flu for a day the previous week- ugh!!), so once they were all well, a gracious friend watched them while we went to the new Twilight movie.
 Even though we were already wearing our winter clothes, they gave us these huge coats to wear, and we were still super cold in the 9 degree weather! 
 It was a fun and memorable birthday celebration!
Everything was carved out of colored ice. It was astounding! (And quite overpriced, but now checked off our Texas bucket list. ;))

 I rarely take pictures of my sleeping babies, because they are both light sleepers, and I am afraid of waking them. This one was taken at the end of a long nap, and she just looks like a precious angel here. Zoey brings so much peace and sweetness to our home. I thank God every day for sending me both a beautiful boy and beautiful girl to mother. 
 They are my everything.

No comments: