Sunday, November 11, 2012

Randoms


 Zoey likes to play in Corey's school books. Just catching up on a little Physiotherapy!
 My beautiful babies!!

 Cookie teeth. :) CHEESE!!!
 I love that Corey gets down on the floor and plays with them. I need to be better about that. 
 She likes to climb into things, like this toy box in our living room. And she adores my phone. She knows how to do a lot on it. She has sent texts, plays music, turns on Angry Birds, and messes up all my app icons on a regular basis. :)
Zach's underwear are pretty exciting to her!
 So. Zoey is allergic to mosquito bites. This is one bite on her forehead, and she swelled up like a Star Trek Klingon!! 
See the resemblance? Poor baby!!
 It was really bad for a day or two, but finally went back down to normal. She had several bites on her legs over the summer, with similar results. It was a big worry because of the West Nile Virus scare we have had here in Dallas. Once, she also got a bad fever for a few days. The two may or may not have been related, but she recovered, thankfully. I really have tried to keep us all covered with repellent.
 My beautiful girl! 
 Nana got her this vest last year, and I am in love with it! Especially paired with her boots!
 Zach still loves the swings.
 And climbing into the tiny toy box with his sister. They have pretty much annihilated it!
 Sweet little angels!
 She finally started feeding herself cereal. She usually finishes 1/4-1/3 of the bowl, then dumps it on her tray. : / At least she's trying! She's only gained a pound or two in the past 6 months, despite my trying to force feed her.
I adore this precious boy with the perfect curl on his forehead. He hasn't taken a nap in months, but today I convinced him to snuggle with me on my bed. He jumped around for 10 minutes first, but once I got him to hold still, he was out within a couple of minutes and slept 1.5 hours. Daylight savings has been a nightmare for him. He goes to bed an hour later, but has still been arising an hour early every day this week. He totally needed this nap! 

We had one day this week that everything just seemed to go perfectly. I was blessed with patience, and the children were blessed to be sweet and obedient. I hope I will always remember the fleece-covered snuggles and smiles and tickles and laughs we shared as I put them to bed. It was a simple but sweet day and I hope to cherish it when the going gets tougher, as it often does!

I am so grateful to be able to mother these darling angels. Nothing in my life even comes close to the sacred blessing of being a wife and mother. There is such trust placed in me, and though I feel that I often fall short, and would like to have more patience and understanding, I wouldn't want to do anything else with my time. 

No comments: