Thursday, March 22, 2012

Baby Steps

Lil' Miss Zoey has finally decided to step it up and try out her walking legs. This peanut is so very thoughtful that she waited until both Corey and I were present to take her first steps! She did the same with rolling over. Crawling is such a gradual thing that it doesn't really compare. Zoey stood on her own a few weeks ago, but immediately dropped to her knees once she realized what she was doing. 


She took these 5+ consecutive steps a couple of days ago, but still crawls most of the time. Once in awhile she surprises us by walking a few steps, but it'll probably take a few days or weeks until she does it full time. It makes me happy and sad. Zach was walking very early at 10.5 months, so it seems like she's been taking her time, but I am certainly not in a hurry for her to grow up! 

 She adores her binky and loves to give one to her doll. I've gotta break the habit soon, but she's been sick, so I haven't pushed it yet.

 On another subject, hamburgers are about the only food I don't have to beg Zach to finish and assist him in the feeding process. He's not super-picky, but just takes his sweet time to eat and would always stop halfway through a meal if I didn't push him to eat more. The night after I took him out for a date at Wendy's he asked, "Can I please may I go to Wendy's?" He's doubly polite! He also told me about 6 times today how beautiful I looked. He started to notice as I was straightening my hair this morning, which I rarely do. He mentioned that it made my hair look longer. He made my day!


These kids both light up the second their dad walks in the door. We have missed Coery these past few weeks and are as relieved as he is that his Part 2 Boards are over. We are ready for some fun family time together!

No comments: