Saturday, January 21, 2012

11 Months Old and Counting....

 I never grow tired of gazing at this beautiful girl God has sent me! I feel so blessed to be her mother. Zoey has the sweetest temperament I have ever known in an infant. She really is sweeter than sugar!

 Zoey is even beautiful when she cries.
 Though I love her smiles best. (Cutest teeth ever!!)
 She is starting into a little mischief..... I just can't leave wet wipes, tissues, or paper towels anywhere near her, or she tears right into them, pulls them out, shreds them, and eats them!!
 I'm not sure when we'll try to break the binky habit. She really loves her binky. Enough that she'll suck on the packaging in anticipation of its opening! She doesn't have it at night, but she goes down for her naps like a charm after I plug it in! It helped Zach to nap, too, but his napping went out the door when I weaned him from the pacifier. Hmmmmm. And his teeth are very crowded now. I don't want that for her!
 And she's a climber. Zach was extremely active, crawling and walking long before Zoey has, but he never became the daredevil climber I thought he would, given his energy and agility. Zoey, however, was pulling herself up to furniture as soon as she began to crawl. She is already quite adept at climbing into dangerous positions. Ack!! She took her first nosedive from her rocker and landed right on her open dresser drawer--her first big head bruise, :(
 Miss Zoey adores the doll we bought her for Christmas. Look at their matching blue eyes! It makes little baby sounds, and Zoey just loves it and giggles and holds it. It is darling to watch!
 She also loves to stick things in her mouth and hold them there while she crawls around or does other things with her hands. It cracks me up to see her using her mouth as her third hand!
 In other news, Zach DID NOT WANT RICE WITH HIS CHICKEN!! So as soon as I placed it on his high chair tray, he immediately threw it all on the floor. I was really hoping we were past the food-throwing stage with him, :) We have had some very good days together lately, despite the difficulties of being three! (And I have given him a haircut since this photo. I don't like that he loses so much curl every time I cut it. :(  )
 Thing One and Thing Two watching Dad doing yard work out the window.
 Looks like she is in timeout!! I fell in love with this poppy print ruffle dress, and had to have it for her!
 Loving on two binkies!! One in the mouth and another ready to go!

 Love this girl!!
And....the photo shoot is over!!!

2 comments:

Cher said...

She is darling!

Live Out Loud said...

I love the Poppy print dress as well. I saw it at old navy over Christmas break. I am hoping I can find one for Poppy when it goes on sale. She has so many hand me down dresses from big sis that I cannot justify buying another even if the print and her name are the same....crossing my fingers that they will have twinner dresses. Your kiddos are adorable. xo!