I am starting to feel older. I don't mind, mostly. :) By no means am I embracing wrinkles or grey hair (just darkening a little, in my case) or investing in "Mom jeans." But I am pretty comfortable in my own skin. Corey said a guy at school was calling him "High-tops" as a tribute to Corey sporting his apparently-outdated Nikes that were once the cat's meow! Yep, we are both getting older, losing our grasp on the latest trends (and maybe a few hairs, too)! But with the advancing years comes a peace that we really have tried to live "in the world" while avoiding being too much "of the world." Family is what matters. Faith brings peace and joy. Those things are timeless.
So if I look kind of "last season" in my flare-leg pants that I can't say goodbye to (I can barely bring myself to buy those tight-ankled pants I used to wear in 7th grade! What's next--genie/Hammer pants?!!) and can't name any recent music artists, don't worry about it! I'm loving being a sort-of nerdy wife and mom, and I'll keep it up-- at least until my husband or kids start complaining that I embarrass them!!
Celebrating at The Cheesecake Factory after Corey's finals were over.
At my work Christmas party on my birthday. So much fun!! I feel like I'm starting to look OLD in this picture. ACK!!
Look at this little pumpkin!!! Can you believe those sparkling eyes?!! I can gaze at her for hours!



No comments:
Post a Comment