Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Zoey's Easter Blessing Day

We had an extra-special Easter Sunday this year as we had Zoey's blessing that day. We were so grateful that Corey's parents and sisters were able to come visit for the occasion. Corey performed the ordinance during sacrament meeting. I sang "He is Risen" with the choir, and I also sang a duet, "Because He Lives," with a friend. I think it is the first time I have sung a duet since Corey's mission farewell! Her blessing was beautiful. I had a hard time deciding which dress to have her wear. In college, I worked at a dress shop and bought several beautiful blessing dresses. I tried some on her a few days before, and had tentatively decided on one. It was a little wrinkled from being in storage so long, so I decided to iron it....Needless to say, the fabric didn't take kindly to my efforts. It wasn't completely ruined, but I decided to change the dress at the last minute. I love the one I chose for her. I wish I were more crafty and talented like my amazing sister in law, Meadow, who sewed beautiful blessing dresses for her daughters. Oh, well! It is fun to finally have a little girl to wear the dress 14 years after purchasing it! I hope we'll have another girl or two so I can put the other dresses to use! The beautiful blanket behind Zoey was lovingly crocheted by my Grandma Alexander.



 I just love the look on her face in the picture above!



 Love that lace!


 She's smiling more and more these days. We love it!

I love these two little angels!!!

3 comments:

Par 5 said...

That dress is beautiful! I love the flower in her hair too...how cute is she? I'm glad you guys had a nice day--sorry again for not being able to be there. We really miss you guys!

Cher said...

She was as sweet as an angel that whole day.

Mindy said...

Oh, Zoey is soooo beautiful. She looks just like you, Noelle!