Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Trip to Idaho and Utah for Christmas

Alright, this will be a little random because of the way I downloaded the photos, but here is a quick recap of our recent trip to Idaho and Utah over the Christmas break:

Here I am at about 31 weeks along in my pregnancy. I have stayed about 7 pounds lighter than I was at the same point with Zach, which I am proud of. I didn't know what to expect with him, and just ate whatever and whenever I felt like it. With this pregnancy, I have exercised much more regularly, and haven't given in to every craving that comes my way. I still eat plenty and give in to more treats than I ought, but I am really trying to stay at about a 25 pound gain, which is what the doctor recommends for normal weight women. With Zach I gained closer to 35, and those last 10 pounds took 5 months to get off, which was really discouraging. I still have 6 weeks at this point, and should be about on track if I gain around one pound per week.
 Can you believe we are sisters?! Look how cute Natalie is!
 Here is my first baby shower, which was held at Tessa's on the 18th. 9 of the Malan granddaughters were present that day, and 2 more came to the shower in Idaho. It was so great to see all those sweet girls, and we had such a great time together!

 We had a Nativity pageant at Nick and Meadow's the week before Christmas with the costumes I bought. It was random and fun. The kids had a good time with it.
 Here are the Alexander siblings- what a handsome bunch! Man, I love these guys!
 Nick, Meadow, Natalie, and I had the special treat of attending a session at the Salt Lake Temple together. It was such a wonderful experience.
 Mom treated us to a super-fun night of bowling at BYU, and we snapped this photo afterward.
 Corey and I made it to Rupert to visit our sweet grandmothers. It was so great to see them again.
 After the first week up north, we headed to Idaho Falls to spend the next week with the Wilhelmsen clan. We had a great time together, and had yet another bowling expedition. This time, it was the in-laws against the outlaws. It was a very close game!

 Look at that hottie mom of mine! This is at the shower that Corey's family threw for me on the 29th. It was so much fun! I got spoiled rotten!
 And on the way back to Utah to catch the plane, we were treated to this lovely Idaho sunset.
We loved our time with friends and family. It will likely be quite awhile until we are able to return, but we always look forward to seeing familiar faces and places again!

3 comments:

Lindsey Walker said...

Looks like fun! You look great! I agree with you on the weight gain. On my next I plan on only gaining 25 pounds as well- I gained close to 40 with Max...WAY too much. Keep up the good work and when is your shower in Texas? I want an invite missy!! :)

Wade and Brianna said...

It was so nice to get together with family. We need to plan a cousin girls trip sometime. Take care Love ya!

Live Out Loud said...

It was so fun to get to see you! Good luck in the weeks to come. I am excited to see the little miss.
xo!