I am still in the process of building a busy dental schedule for myself, but as word gets out, I am sure I will be booked solid in no time! It is quite different from the public health dentistry I have been practicing for the past 5 years in Provo. Most of our patients are earning a regular income, or flat-out well-to-do, whereas many of my Mountainlands patients were living in poverty. I do feel like those underserved patients were more grateful for the services I performed and less demanding. I miss using my Spanish, too! I was doing a lot of extractions and root canals on severely decayed teeth, and have not performed anything like that in Texas yet. I felt quite useful in my old practice, as the patients were in great need of dental care. These patients have "high dental IQs," as some would say. They have had insurance and regular dental care most of their lives, for the most part. I do look forward to utilizing skills that I did not have opportunity to use much in Utah, such as crowns, veneers, implants, and other cosmetic procedures.
6 years ago



2 comments:
Wow, what a swanky office. You would be so not proud of me, but once again neither I nor anyone in my family has been to the dentist in YEARS. I just can't force myself to spend the money...even when I am making money...I will try to be better.
I am finally back to the blog world. I have missed reading your cute posts. What an office. Man, I don't think our insurance would cover you. Hope you are feeling at home around there. I am so jealous that you and janet get to hang out. I should be there too. We are do for a visit to Dallas...hmmm Maybe I should get working on that.
Post a Comment