
We celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary last weekend. Corey picked out dozens upon dozens of my favorite flowers and had Meadow create a beautiful arrangement that they brought to my office on Wednesday. It was filled with hydrangeas, lisianthus, Bells of Ireland, and other gorgeous flora. I adore it!!
Thursday morning we left for Las Vegas, where we stayed at the Paris Hotel on the Strip, which was, coincidentally, built the same year we were married.

I LOVED our room! It was on the 30th floor, right across from the Bellagio, so we had a great view of the water shows. I really liked the modern red and black decor.

Zack enjoyed the view, too! He loved playing in the sheer curtains and looking out the windows.

We decided against going to a show due to the cost and having Zach with us. Instead, we hit up the best French buffet in town. It was well worth the $25 price tag for the numerous delicacies. We especially enjoyed the crab legs and dessert bar.


These are views from the top of the Eiffel Tower. We were able to see an entire Bellagio light/water show, which was even more amazing from above. We arrived right at sunset, and enjoyed the lovely views. I was glad we didn't even need to leave the resort to the dirty old Strip in order to have a great time. There is so much trash coming at you from every direction on the Strip. There are also beautiful and amazing architectural and entertainment masterpieces. What a weird place!

I love the intricate decorations around the different hotels in Vegas- look at these sinks!

The next day we went to Corey's sister, Melanie's, house on the northwest end of town. It is like a different world out there. She lives in a lovely home with a giant swimming pool out back. She was kind enough to watch Zach while Corey and I ate at the Cheesecake Factory and went to the temple. We slept over there and headed to the Hoover Dam with the whole family on Saturday. It is an amazing structure. I always knew it was extremely tall- about 700 feet- but I never knew it was nearly as wide as it is tall- about 625 feet!

We drove to St. George to stay the night, and stopped at Bryce Canyon National Park on the way home. It was gorgeous! We were stunned at the beauty that we enjoyed. We took a short hike around the rim with Zach riding in the hiking backpack. He loves it! We had to buy him the fourth sun hat he's had this summer because they keep disappearing. Zach kept taking it off through the whole hike- I guess that explains the mysterious disappearances. Finally I put a blanket on his head to protect him from the sun, and he was fine with that. Go figure!

The way the geology changes so suddenly astounded Corey and I. We were driving along looking at sagebrush and pine trees, when the landscape immediatley changed to the gorgeous red rocks and towering "hoodoo" rock formations, as they are called. It made me want to take a geology course to understand how exactly that happens. Then I remembered that only nerds take geology. Just kidding. It was even free park day, which saved us $25. It's about 3.5 hours from PG, but well worth the side trip.
I had such a great and memorable 10th Anniversary Weekend. Thanks Honey!!
3 comments:
What a fun way to celebrate and knowing you, you got deals on everything (smile). Happy 10 years!
That is an action-packed fun-filled anniversary! Glad you had such a great time!!
10 years is a BIG deal. It looks like you made it so. Congrats and good luck with the big move ahead. Love you guys
Post a Comment